Vision is about what should be. It is a picture and story of a hoped-for future.
A clear Vision becomes the guide for direction and decision making. This enables others to understand the Vision, own the Vision, and take action toward the Vision. A Vision has five parts:
1. THE VISION: What is your concept? How do you want your Vision to look, feel, and draw people in?
2. THE VALUES: What values motivate your Vision? How does your Vision embody those values?
3. THE STORY: Where did your Vision come from? What gave you the Aha! moment?
4. THE GROWTH FACTOR: What do you hope for your Vision in two years? In five years? In ten years?
5. THE CHANGE FACTOR: What change will your Vision affect on society?